Website Terms And Conditions
1. If you use the Permaculture Association website (the "Website") you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. Access to the Website and content
- The information provided by us on the Website is not in any way an invitation or recommendation to buy any products or services featured.
- We will endeavour to allow uninterrupted access to the Website.
- We reserve the right to change, or remove without notice any information on the Website.
- We assume no responsibility for the contents of any other websites to which the Website has links.
3. Intellectual Property
- The copyright of the website design, text and graphics, and their selection and arrangement, and all software compilations, underlying source code and software (including applets) exists under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 UK: England & Wales License with the Permaculture Association.
- The copyright in the content of the site resides with its authors and the responsibility with the providers of such information; none of this material may be reproduced or redistributed without attribution to the authors.
- The permaculture.org.uk domain name is owned by Permaculture Association. Other product and company names mentioned on this website may be the domains, trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
- You shall retain ownership of all copyright in data you submit to the Website under the creative commons licence 'attribution sharealike 3.0'. You grant the Association a world-wide, royalty-free, non-terminable licence to use, copy, distribute, such data in any manner with the mention of the author.
4. Exclusions of liability
- We use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the data on the Website is accurate and to correct any errors or omissions as soon as practicable after being notified of them. We do not monitor, verify or endorse information submitted by third parties for posting on the Website and you should be aware that such information may be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we disclaim all warranties and representations (whether express or implied) as to the accuracy of any information contained on the Website. We do not guarantee that the Website will be fault free and do not accept liability for any errors or omissions.
- Due to the nature of electronic transmission of data over the internet, and the number of users by whom data is posted on to the Website, any liability we may have for any losses or claims arising from an inability to access the Website, or from any use of the Website or reliance on the data transmitted using the Website, is excluded to the fullest extent permissible by law. In no event shall we be liable for any loss of profit, revenues, goodwill, opportunity, business, anticipated savings or other indirect or consequential loss of any kind in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise arising out of use of the Website, save where such liability cannot be excluded by law.
- We do not give any warranty that the Website is free from viruses or anything else which may have a harmful effect on any technology.
5. User name and password
- On registering with us, you are issued with a user name and password which must be used in order to access certain restricted parts of the Website. The user name and password are personal to you and are not transferable.
- Your name and password are the methods used by us to identify you and so are very important. You are responsible for all information posted on the Website by anyone using your user name and password. Any breach of security of a user name and password should be notified to us immediately.
- You may not adapt or circumvent the systems in place in connection with the Website nor access the Website other than through normal operations.
6. Data submitted by users
- We accept no liability for data supplied by any user for display on the Website and the limitations in condition 4 above (Exclusions of liability) apply.
- If you submit data for display on the Website you are responsible for ensuring that the data is accurate, complete and up to date and for updating that data where necessary.
- If you submit data for display on the Website you are responsible for ensuring that no data is uploaded or submitted which is untrue, defamatory, obscene or abusive or otherwise objectionable or in breach of any applicable laws or rights of third parties.
- You warrant that you have taken all reasonable precautions to ensure that any data you upload or otherwise submit to the Website is free from viruses and anything else which may have a contaminating or destructive effect on any part of the Website or any other technology.
- We reserve the right (without limiting our rights to seek other remedies) to remove offending material placed on the Website that we consider to constitute a misuse of the Website or which is otherwise harmful to other users of the Website.
- You will indemnify us for any claim or loss (including without limitation, economic loss) suffered by us arising out of your failure to observe any of these terms and conditions.
- Subject to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 condition 6.5 may be enforced by the following people in their own right:
- any third party with whom we contract for content or advertising;
- our employees or agents; and
- anyone else who has been permissioned to administer areas of the site.
7. Data protection
- We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will collect and use information supplied by you and other users of the Website to improve the Website and personalise your experience when you visit the Website. We may also use it to tell you about changes in our services or about features we think you'll find interesting. However, you can tell us not to deal with your personal information in these ways in the future by simply sending an e-mail message to our web coordinator.
- Under the UK Data Protection Act 1998 we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access.
You may edit your personal information at any time, subject to the provisions of condition 2.2.
- We may terminate your access to the Website and the services within it with written notice to you. Email will be deemed to be written notice. All disclaimers, indemnities and exclusions in this agreement shall survive termination of this Agreement for any reason.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is held to be unlawful, invalid or unenforceable, that provision shall be deemed severed and the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions shall not be affected.
- We may modify these terms and conditions at any time by publishing the modified terms and conditions on the Website.
11. Governing law
- These terms are governed by and to be construed in accordance with English law.
- Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
The Permaculture Association web platform by the PermacultureAssociation (Britain) is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 UK: England & Wales License.
Based on a work at www.permaculture.org.uk