Aquaponics Smallholding Intern for 2021
Volunteer on Aquaponics Smallholding and spend a summer learning lots of new practical Aquaponics and Smallholding skills in rural Cheshire.
Looking to 2021 we now think we can safely start up again if we can find the right people to work with.
We are looking for one or more people to:
1. Help with setting up a new large polytunnel and hydroponic grow-beds (learn about - blockwork, woodwork, construction)
2. Rebuild the commercial scale Aquaponics system (learn about - plumbing, electrics, water testing)
3. Setup and initial running of Aquaponics (learn about - fish care, plant propagation, water testing)
4. Further conversion of farm building into workshop and training rooms (learn about - plumbing, electrics, woodwork, construction)
5. General smallholding help (learn about - care of livestock, chickens, pigs, etc.)
6. Help on Urbanag training courses (learn about - catering, customer service, administration)
If you can bring any of the skills needed that's great, but the key person quality we are looking for is a willingness to get stuck in and help.
Please contact Graham Wood for further details.
Back in March 2018 Urbanag CIC setup from scratch a successful training centre and small commercial scale Aquaponics system based on a rural smallholding near Frodsham in Cheshire.
But then due to key individuals illness in 2019 and the Covid lockdowns in 2020 the facility was closed, systems mothballed and team disbanded.
C.A.S.T - Community Aquaponics Smallholding & Training Facility based in rural Kingsley, Cheshire WA6.
Its a community agriculture start-up project supported by UrbanAg CIC.
See C.A.S.T. at www.permaculture.org.uk/education/venue/cast-community-aquaponics-smallh...